How to Make an Appointment - Minneapolis
If you already have an ongoing counselor, please call the reception desk at 612-624-3323 to make an appointment with that person.
If you would like to be seen in our St. Paul office, please click here for instructions.
If you are requesting an appointment for the first time (or first time this academic year) in our Minneapolis office:
- All of our first-time appointments are done on a walk-in basis. Please set aside at least 1 hour for your visit, and be aware that there may be a wait to meet with a counselor.
- Come to 340 Appleby Hall between 9:00 am and 3:30 pm to fill out the forms, or
download the intake forms and bring them with you.
- During the meeting the counselor will gather information about your concerns and answer your questions about our services.
- At the end of the meeting the counselor will discuss services to meet your needs, such as:
- groups (the option for most students)
- academic skills coaching
- time-limited, goal-focused individual counseling
- other university services (Boynton Health Service, Disability Resource Center, etc.)
- community mental health providers