About our groups
Each semester Student Counseling Services (SCS) offers counseling groups and workshops where students are able to share difficulties, learn new skills and strategies, practice new behaviors, and get feedback in a safe, supportive environment. Some groups and workshops meet for a semester, others for 3-8 weeks, and some are ongoing. See this semester's schedule here.
How to join a group
Call SCS at 612-624-3323 or come to 340 Appleby Hall, where you can obtain more information about any of our groups and workshops.
Why join a group?
Our groups and workshops provide opportunities for students to:
- Receive emotional support
- Increase self-awareness
- Enhance self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve social skills
- Decrease loneliness and isolation
- Learn to deal with personal issues and to resolve conflicts
- Get multiple perspectives
- Help others
- Talk with other students who have similar experiences