Let’s Talk is a program that provides informal drop-in consultations at locations around campus for U of M students throughout the academic year. No appointment is necessary, so you can drop in during the scheduled times. Let’s Talk is not a substitute for formal counseling and does not constitute mental health treatment, but counselors can listen to specific problems, provide support, help explore solutions and give information about other resources.
Let’s Talk consultations are:
- No appointment necessary-first-come, first-served basis
Let's Talk is the best fit for:
- Students who are not sure about counseling and wonder what it’s like to talk with a counselor
- Students who are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor
- Students who have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk it through
- Students who have a concern about a friend and want some thoughts about what to do
Summer 2018 Schedule
*Let's talk will not be available during the summer. Please check back fall semester!*
Questions about Let’s Talk? Check out the Let's Talk FAQs
The Let‘s Talk program at UMN is based in part on the Let’s Talk program at Cornell University. With permission, some of the material describing this program has been adapted from the Cornell University Let’s Talk website.