View the Spring 2019 schedule and locations and Let's Talk Counselors
For Spring Semester 2019 Let's Talk will be held from January 22 - Wednesday May 15
Let's Talk will be unavailable during the summer and will resume the first day of classes on Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Let’s Talk is a program that provides informal drop-in consultations at locations around campus for U of M students throughout the academic year. No appointment is necessary, so you can drop in during the scheduled times. Let’s Talk is not a substitute for formal counseling and does not constitute mental health treatment, but counselors can listen to specific problems, provide support, help explore solutions and give information about other resources.
Let’s Talk consultations are:
- No appointment necessary-first-come, first-served basis
Let's Talk is the best fit for:
- Students who are not sure about counseling and wonder what it’s like to talk with a counselor
- Students who are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor
- Students who have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk it through
- Students who have a concern about a friend and want some thoughts about what to do
Let's Talk is not a good fit for:
- Students experiencing current thoughts of wanting to hurt themselves or someone else
- Students with concerns for their safety
Let’s Talk is not designed to be a crisis service. If you need to speak with someone more urgently, please utilize the campus and community resources listed at mentalhealth.umn.edu.
Questions about Let’s Talk? Check out the Let's Talk FAQs
Additional questions can be directed to Nina Hernandez Beithon, Student Counseling Services Diversity Liaison Counselor at email@example.com.
The Let‘s Talk program at UMN is based in part on the Let’s Talk program at Cornell University. With permission, some of the material describing this program has been adapted from the Cornell University Let’s Talk website.
*Please note that counselors are not able to begin new conversations with students within the last 15 minutes of the shift*
Our 2018-2019 Let's Talk Team
Let's Talk Partners